Workshops Now Available
adults & kids 12 & up
groups of 6-10 participants.
choose from Four Workshops!
Pinch Pot Workshop
Form a pinch pot while learning about one of the oldest methods used by potters. Shape a beautiful one-of-a-kind vessel out of a lump of clay in this two-session hand-building workshop. Come enjoy the soothing nature of this tactile experience as you learn about and practice the ancient technique of pinching clay. Learn to handle the clay with confidence as you find the balance between a firm hand and a gentle touch. Decorate using form, texture, color and lead-free glaze to finish your pinch pot with style!
2 Sessions $60 (all inclusive)
Create your own personal mug from start to finish in this two-session hand-building workshop. Have fun learning every part of the process! Roll and cut out clay slabs, form a cylinder, create a bottom, make a handle, and attach your pieces with slip (liquid clay). Design your piece and decorate using texture, shape and color. Food safe lead-free glazes will enable you to enjoy your beautifully finished mug every day.
2 sessions $60 (all inclusive)
Slump Bowl Workshop
Creativity will be flowing as you transform a slab of clay into a unique artsy bowl in this two-session hand-building workshop. Learn how to roll and cut slabs, incorporate texture into your decoration, and use an everyday object as a slump or hump mold (gently convincing a flat piece of clay to become rounded). You will also learn about “foot rings” and be challenged to create one for your bowl. A rainbow of color choices from our food safe lead-free glazes awaits your finishing touch.
2 Sessions $60 (All Inclusive)
Coil Frame Workshop
Enjoy coiling clay in this two-session hand-building workshop. You will find it relaxing and methodical as you learn to roll, score, slip, and combine your coils. The result will be a lovely frame that accentuates this method of pottery making. You can choose to frame a mirror, a photo, or a piece of artwork. You will also explore glazing techniques and choose from a variety of lead-free glazes to finish your piece.
2 Sessions $60 (all inclusive)
Host a fun workshop by inviting your friends To My Place or Yours
and receive a discount on your registration fee.
Contact me to Host a Workshop and get half off Your workshop fee.
See how easy it can be to host a clay workshop!
What does hosting involve?
- Pick your project Mug, Pinch Pot, Slump &/or Hump bowls, Coil Frame
- Pick your dates (contact me to reserve your dates) You will need two dates. One date for working in wet clay (2 hours) and one date two weeks later for glazing your mug (1 hour). Vessels will then be fired & delivered to you (the host) within two weeks.
- Provide a place (or reserve a place through me) - a workspace with tables & chairs. I'll provide the clay, tools, glaze etc.
- Invite your friends (6 minimum and 10 maximum) to create with you! They will register directly at DarleneEason.com
- Create & have fun! No food or drink other than water while we work in the clay please! Do plan for it afterwards if you'd like.
- Receive all the ceramic works of art! As host you will plan with your friends for pick up or delivery of their beautiful pieces.